Saturday, August 23, 2008

Living History

Left the house this morning
Bells ringing filled the air
Wearin the cross of my calling
On wheels of fire I come rollin down here
Come on up for the rising ...
- Bruce Springsteen, "The Rising"

By sheer coincidence, today's morning errands and to-do's took me and the kids within minutes of Joe Biden's home where he left from this morning. Maybe it was just me, but there sure seemed to be this sense of an exciting something in the air - like we were in the midst of living history while returning library books and stopping for gas.

We returned home at 3:30 p.m. - just in time to watch the first Obama-Biden appearance. I told Boo to come into the family room and together we watched Biden's speech, which I thought was a home run. I loved that he came out to Bruce Springsteen's "The Rising." Loved the seven kitchen tables jab at McCain. Loved Obama's Freudian slip of introducing Biden as "the next president."

But most of all, I loved that my little presidential wannabee was just as glued to the TV as I was.

1 comment:

Gail M said...

Biden was probably a wise choice for Obama...