Thursday, September 4, 2008

Ramblings, part 2

10:04 p.m. - Again with the "Dallas" music.

10:05 p.m. - Cute opening to the McCain video. I like the "some call him names that can't be repeated" and that was a nice touch having the mother chime in with "mama's boy." An unexpected laugh ... it worked in this case.

10:09 p.m. - This is probably the best of the RNC videos ... I like it. Also a nice touch with this ending, with the darkened convention floor and the narrator reading McCain's words about living in a box.

10:22 p.m. - I'm glad to hear McCain express respect and admiration for Obama's achievement. He needed to do that after last night.

10:25 p.m. - The protesters are making me nervous ...

10:31 p.m. - Good speech thus far, but I think that you could put some of McCain's lines up against Obama's in his speech, and they'd be identical.

10:34 p.m. - This is the most effective part of the speech: McCain naming the people, by name, who he fights for.

10:46 p.m. - The Dean is asleep. Has been for the last five minutes. This speech should have ended five minutes ago.

10:47 p.m. - Yes, John, this is an ambitious agenda. I guess I wonder why some of these things weren't done in the last 8 years ...? You would think, from listening to this, that Republicans haven't been in power the last 8 years.

11:02 p.m. - Nothing brings greater happiness in life than to serve a cause greater than yourself ... Along with the suggestions of what one can do, that's sounding a lot like what community organizers do, huh?

A better speech than I expected. Enough to win the election? Stay tuned ...

Postscript: I'm watching the commentary and reaction on MSNBC right now, and Journey's "Don't Stop Believin'" is playing. Maybe it's me, but I will always, always, always associate that song with Tony Soprano.


2 comments:

gail elle said...

I love your play-by-play!
(And the reference to the Talking Heads song in the prev. blog - snort laugh!!)

I don't have the same opinions, but I don't care, all opinions get me thinking and make me strive to learn more! I can't say I know anything about how so and so voted on this issue 3 years ago, and all the blah, blah blah politics...because frankly, it gets boring!
I don't think McCain will be McSame, but I do agree with your thoughts that it sounded like the repubs haven't been in charge the last 8 years!
I know Palin gets you riled so i won't go there!!

But did you catch the news clips of the lady being pepper sprayed outside? Ouch!!!

And don't apologize for giving your political views, it's your blog, your baby, and politics have been big news lately, with the conventions and all!!

And thanks for the ABBA comment!! I am pretty sure that these are stuck in my head FOREVER! Right now the background to my thoughts is going..."take a chance on me, take a chance, take a chance"...

Ok. I am so sorry i wrote a book on your blog. you don't have to post this!!

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

Thanks gail elle! And isn't that what makes this country great after all ... that we can all have, and express, our own opinions even if they are different! :)

Never any apologies, either, for writing a book as a comment reply! :)