Saturday, September 27, 2008

Betty and Sarah

I had to do a double-take when picking up our local newspaper today, because there on the front page, is Sarah Palin with my grandmother Betty chatting it up last night at the Irish Pub.

I'll remind you that my grandmother left this earth - or so I thought - more than four years ago.

But there she was - a much older version and less meticulously-put together than the Real Betty - but there at the Irish Pub nonetheless.

I swear, it really looks like her. Actually, The Dean says the woman in the picture looks more like the Real Betty's sister, Aunt D. I've been searching the web for the photo this morning - it's an AP shot - but the best I can do is a pic of Palin with the Real Betty's twin somewhat cut off.

But I promise, I'll try to find some examples and I'll bring 'em to ya.

No comments: