Wednesday, September 24, 2008

In What Respect, Charlie?

Folks, y'all know how I feel about Sarah Palin so I'll understand if you read no further into this post. (I see that gail elle has just left the building ... :) just kidding, gail! :)

As you may know, they've been keeping Sarah at arm's length (to put it mildly) from the media, so I was surprised to see that she sat down for an interview today with Katie Couric. Here's the transcript, as found on Politico.com.

http://www.politico.com/blogs/bensmith/0908/Palin_and_Couric.html

Oh my goodness gracious. Talk about a Great Depression, indeed.

4 comments:

Robin said...

I think maybe the scariest part is reading the comments! There are some who will defend her no matter what she says- or fails to say.

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

Indeed ... very true, Robin. I think some of the comments were more frightening than Sarah's!

DemMom said...

It's simply amazing to me that people can see that and then vote for her. But this country wants people "like them" in office. I want someone much smarter than me to be President!
Did she really say, "because our next door neighbors are foreign coun-treeees." I thought Katie Couric was going to lose it.

gail elle said...

Oh, no no, I haven't left the building. You can't get rid of me that easy, ha ha!! :)
I watched the clip, so does that mean I missed the airing of the whole interview??? I don't watch Katie Couric normally, but wanted to see that.
Ok, ok, I can only comment on this 5 minutes, which I am going to assume was the worst part of what may have been an hour interview. Yes, her interview skills are lacking. She let herself get flustered and I would rather see her just say she she doesn't know the answer at this point in time.
I just cannot count her out, though. I know you think I am nuts.
I don't know how to explain it other than I am just not comfortable with Obama's "long term" politics.
And seeing the housing, credit, and war issues and the trillions of dollars of national debt, there is just no easy fix, but Obama is going to somehow lower our health care costs and taxes.
I don't know if either of them can do what they promise.

Thursday's debate will certainly be interesting....