Thursday, September 4, 2008

Random Ramblings During the RNC

I cannot stay up until 1:30 a.m. again tonight blogging about the RNC, which I was in doubt whether I would actually watch after last night, so I offer you my play-by-play account of the convention as I watch tonight.

9:13 p.m. - Does anyone else think that that the theme music accompanying the Sarah Palin video sounds like a slower version of the theme from "Dallas"?

9:21 p.m. - And here we go again with the Obamaslams ...

9:22 p.m. - If I never hear the word "maverick" again, it will be way too soon. Am I the only one who might not want a maverick for a president? What exactly is a maverick anyway? Well, according to dictionary.com, it's this:

–noun 1.Southwestern U.S. an unbranded calf, cow, or steer, esp. an unbranded calf that is separated from its mother. 2.a lone dissenter, as an intellectual, an artist, or a politician, who takes an independent stand apart from his or her associates. 3.(initial capital letter) an electro-optically guided U.S. air-to-ground tactical missile for destroying tanks and other hardened targets at ranges up to 15 mi. (24 km). [Origin: 1865–70, Americanism; after Samuel A. Maverick (1803–70), Texas pioneer who left his calves unbranded] —Synonyms 2. nonconformist, independent, loner.

9:44 p.m. - The Dean is wondering if this is Cindy McCain's first speech ever.

9:55 p.m. - I just read that Vanity Fair is reporting that the outfit that Cindy McCain wore on Monday evening cost $300,000 when one factors in the accessories and whatnot. I wonder how much tonight's outfit cost.

9:58 p.m. - Gotta love the Dancing Abe Lincoln guy. Is it too late to nominate him?

OK, I'll post this now and continue live-blogging during McCain's speech.

No comments: