Monday, September 1, 2008

Things They Say ...

Tonight I helped Betty out of the tub following her bath. As I wrapped her in a towel, I gave her a hug.

"Do you know you're hugging a naked person?" she said.

~~
Across from our house is a large field that eventually will be transformed into pieces of the American Dream. Until those houses are built, we're treated to a great view of the evening sunset.

A few nights ago, the sunset was especially spectacular. Betty and I went out to the front step and spent a few quiet moments watching the sky turn into twilight.

Tonight Betty exclaimed, "Mommy! Look at the sunset!" I went to where she stood and said, yes, it was indeed very beautiful.

She sighed dreamily. "Oh, how romantic..."

1 comment:

gail elle said...

OH MY GOSH....
That is so cute!!