Sunday, October 26, 2008

In the Spirit of Things

The kids and I had dinner last night at my mom's house. During the meal she brought up the topic of Boo's Halloween costume.

"I'm surprised you want to be a corn-on-the-cob," she said. "Knowing how much you like the Presidents, I thought you would have been Abraham Lincoln."

Boo looked at her, perplexed.

"Why would I want to be someone who got shot?"

~~
So I'm in the parking lot of Wawa today (that's a convenience store for those of you not in the Philly area), and as I'm trying to balance my coffee, hold two newspapers, and open the door of my van, I see a hearse careening through the parking lot, windows down, with really loud unintelligible music playing.

I mean, it was loud enough to wake the dead. (Ba-dump-bump!)

~~

2 comments:

gail elle said...

Boo has got you there!!

Oh, man...I think we have the same sense of humor.

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

gail elle, of course we have the same sense of humor ... how else can you explain why we've been friends so long? :)