Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday

Picked up six (yes, six!) books at the library today. I couldn't help myself. Betty and I often go to a beautiful, large, newly-renovated library on Saturday afternoons when Boo is at his social-skills group. This library has an awesome "new releases" shelf. And! The librarian was shelving some brand new books as I was browsing. Could our timing have been any better? I mentioned how much I loved their library, that ours was much smaller, and GET. THIS. She tells me that our library is next to be renovated and expanded, that the county has designated our library to be the southern regional branch.

How excellent is that? (Yes, I know I clearly have no life when the biggest highlight of my day is the librarian gossiping to me about a library renovation.)

These three non-fiction and three fiction books are the latest additions to my nightstand:

When the Labels Don't Fit: A New Approach to Raising a Challenging Child by Barbara Probst, MSW, LCSW.
Beyond Time Out: From Chaos to Calm - by Beth A. Grosshans, Ph.D. with Janet H. Burton, LCSW
Meals Without Squeals: Child Care Feeding Guide and Cookbook - by Christine Berman, MPH, RD and Jacki Fromer
The Bible Salesman - by Clyde Edgerton
Getting Rid of Matthew - by Jane Fallon
Waterbaby - by Cris Mazza

1 comment:

Tara said...

Well, I can relate to the whole challening child thing! You are not alone!