Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Spelling Test (or, First Grade Financial Bailout part 2)

This week's first grade spelling words are ones that end in ash. Among those on the list are dash, gash, sash, trash ... you get the idea. In preparation for the Friday spelling test, they have weekly packets where they have to pick an activity to do each night for homework. (Study with a family member; make a word search puzzle; write or type your words; write sentences using your words ... )

Betty likes to write a story or sentence with her words. I checked her homework the other night and saw that she had written:

My mom has cash.

Hmm. Not so much. How about: My mom had cash, but now it's trash, thanks to the stock market crash.

1 comment:

gail elle said...

HEE! But it's not funny, cause it's true!!
I may be crazy, but I put more $$ in my funds this week, because hopefully...what goes down has gotta come up!