Saturday, November 29, 2008

Best of the Week

Once again, time for another installment of my picks for Best of the Week. (I know, I know ... I missed last week. Somehow I think y'all lived.)

My friend gail elle has some photos of her beautiful Thanksgiving table. So pretty! (See, you made it into Best of the Week, gail elle.) And you're right, definitely different than ours.

On Thanksgiving, My Friend Amy had a great post about being thankful for being literate. My Friend Amy also has started a holiday campaign to Buy Books for the Holidays, an idea that I wholeheartedly endorse (and plan to support, even if I haven't officially gotten around to promoting said campaign on this blog yet.)

Speaking of buying books for the holidays, if you're looking for book ideas for a young child and are interested in buying a classic, timeless book (or two, or three ...) author (and fellow Philly girl!) Beth Kephart has a post about books she plans to purchase for her bookworm niece. The comments section is also worth checking out for more ideas.

Kristina from Autism Vox gives us a timely post on Friday 11/28 on helping our kids with special needs cope with the holidays - and at the end, there's a great gift-giving guide. I plan on doing the majority (if not all) of my holiday shopping in cyberspace, so I am looking forward to reading through this.

And I have to thank Florinda of The 3R's: Reading, Riting, and Randomness for highlighting my blog post about the running of the bulls event (I mean, Black Friday) at Walmart.

Have a great week!

1 comment:

gail elle said...

Woo hoo! I made it! hee.
Different, our feasts may have been we both celebrated with similar thoughts in our heart.