Friday, November 14, 2008

Please Sir, I Want Some More

I spent this afternoon at a symposium held at my alma mater, and among the topics discussed was world hunger and how something like 1/3 of the world lives on less than $1 per day. So believe me when I say that I am feeling like a hypocrite right now when I say that I am really, really hungry.

But still, it doesn't change the fact that I. Want. MYFREAKINGBOWLOFICECREAM!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, people. This high-cholesterol thing might be the end of me. I've decided to try eating the Mediterranean diet way. Here's what I had to eat today:

Coffee
Breakfast: Dunkin' Donuts Egg White Veggie Flatbread, Hash Browns (I know ... my bad), and more coffee
Morning snack: Bear Naked granola; water
Lunch: Small container of tuna salad from Wawa (not low in cholesterol) and almonds
Afternoon-drive-home snack: 4 carrots, 2 cauliflower florets, 2 broccoli florets, almonds
Dinner: Greek salad, no dressing; some chicken; water

Not all that great, huh? As for exercise, I danced around the family room with Hannah Montana (oh, I mean Betty) for about 15 minutes. Does that count? Oh, and I also walked up three flights of stairs to tell a co-worker something that I could have just as easily called him about. And do I get any points if I really wanted to take a walk around my college today, but couldn't because it was drizzling? Huh? Do I?

I'm trying to look at the positives of this (y'know, besides that little notion of being healthier and the potential of living longer).

Only 8 more hours till I can have oatmeal for breakfast! Whoo hoo!

2 comments:

Gershwoman said...

Don't forget cheerios! And try fish oil tablets and Red Yeast Rice tablets - I've been taking them to try to lower my borderline high cholesterol level.

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

My mom was just telling me about Red Yeast Rice. I will have to try those. It's good to know I'm not alone with this! :)