Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thank Full

I cooked a Tofurky for our Thanksgiving dinner, and y'know ... it was really, really good. (Don't knock it till you try it.) Doing so required that Betty and I make a trip to the supermarket this afternoon for soy sauce, because it was an ingredient for both the Tofurky baste and the vegetarian gravy that I made to accompany it.

This is the cooked Tofurky. It was even stuffed with a wild rice stuffing that was also pretty tasty. Seriously, if you're not going to order a turkey prepared from the grocery store (as I did last year), this is an alternative worth considering for the time-saving attributes it offers. It only takes 1.5 hours to cook.

The rest of our meal included Stove Top stuffing, carrots that were cooked alongside the Tofurky and which I mixed together with the wild rice stuffing from the Tofurky, cranberry sauce (a favorite of Betty's, otherwise we would have been content to skip it), peas, and green beans. Not pictured are mashed potatoes and the vegetarian gravy.

And for dessert (also not pictured) was pumpkin pie for Boo and The Dean. I'll have some Weight Watchers ice cream during the Eagles game later on.


"Thou that hast given so much to me,
Give one thing more, a grateful heart."

Happy Thanksgiving to all!

1 comment:

gail elle said...

Our tables couldn't have looked more different. My husband would shoot me if I didn't have the whole traditional meal, we even joked that my mom put tofu in the mashed potatoes and he gave me a look, like You better NOT have!!
hee.
It looks like you did have a healthy and tasty meal. And that's something to be thankful for!!