Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Where Everybody Doesn't Know Your Name

At work today, I asked one of my coworkers for the name of her contact person at a local retail shop.

"Oh, that's Diane Chambers."

I started laughing. "That's not her name," I said.

"Yeah, it is ... why?"

"Diane. Chambers."

Coworker looked at me blankly. And then again, the realization on my part of the age-difference between myself and more than a few of my colleagues.

"Cheers?" I said, hoping for a spark of recognition.

"Uh-huh ..." she said. And then, "Oh! Was that her name? I watched that show."

Oh, thank God. I felt much better. But it was a fleeting feeling because I went back to my office, it took me a good five minutes to remember the name of Ted Danson's character.

1 comment:

gail elle said...

Sam...uh...something.

Where everybody FORGETS your name!! hee