Monday, December 29, 2008

Best and Worst Book Lists for 2008

This was a discussion post on Shelfari.com. Feel free to play along on your blog.

Best Book I Read in 2008:
It's a three-way tie between The Last Lecture, Water for Elephants, and The Glass Castle. They're all very different from each other so it is really hard to pick just one.

Worst Book I Read:
The Pilot's Wife.

Book I'll probably read again:
I rarely re-read books (or watch movies more than twice, for that matter) but if I had to pick one, it would be The Last Lecture.

Author I read the most of:
Anita Shreve.

Book that I didn't think I'd like:
If You Could See Me Now, by Cecilia Ahern.

Author who I want to read more of:
Sarah Addison Allen. I picked up her newest novel, "The Sugar Queen" at the library on Saturday and was immediately hooked on the few pages I'd read. Also Chris Bohjalian.

Best Book you re-read:
Little Women (with Betty)

Any cool book story or fact?: I won a copy of "Matrimony" by Josh Henkin, which I promise to review very, very soon. And I discovered the world of audiobooks!

List of books that read in 2008 with authors if you can remember them: See previous post.

No comments: