Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Meme

I got this Christmas meme from a post on Shelfari. Feel free to play along on your blog too.

Wrapping paper or gift bags?
A little of both.

Real tree or Artificial?
Artificial. The same one for the past 13 years.

When do you put up the tree?
Usually the first or second weekend in December.

When do you take the tree down?
Usually the first or second weekend in January.

Do you like eggnog?
I absolutely LOVE eggnog. Love it. Thanks to my cholesterol-levels, I've had to switch to the Silk Nog, but it's not bad.

Favorite gift received as a child?
Santa brought me a typewriter when I was 5 years old. I was in my absolute glory.

Hardest person to buy for?
My 91 year old grandfather.

Easiest person to buy for?
Do I count?

Do you have a nativity scene?
No.

Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mostly mail, but there might be a few emailed this year.

Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I don't know ... and even if I did, the gift-giver could be reading this blog.

Favorite Christmas Movie?
It's a Wonderful Life.

When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I usually have one or two gifts purchased and put away by Halloween, if not sooner.

Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
It's possible that I may have.

Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
My mother-in-law's Christmas cookies.

Lights on the tree?
Yup.

Favorite Christmas song?
Of all time? Carly Simon's "Christmas is Almost Here." Also, Josh Groban's version of "O Holy Night", Kenny Loggins' "Celebrate Me Home," Melissa Etheridge's version of "Happy Christmas", and James Taylor's version of "River." There's others, but those are my favorites.

Travel at Christmas or stay home?

Travel.

Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer?

I think so ... but I'm tired, so I'm not going to embarrass myself.

Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star.

Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning.

Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
It's cold.

Favorite ornament theme or color?
The ones my kids made in preschool.

Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Stuffing.

What do you want for Christmas this year?
Not much.

What is your favorite thing about the holidays?

I love Christmas cards. I love writing the holiday letter, I love getting holiday letters, I love seeing photos of people's kids ... I love everything about Christmas cards.

Your turn!

4 comments:

Kia (Good Enough Mama) said...

Oh, this is a good one. I might have to steal it!

P.S. I found you via your comment on Let It Be Autism. ;)

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

Welcome, Kia. Thanks for stopping by ... and feel free to steal the meme (I did.)

Stefanie said...

Omg, James Taylor's River is one of my favorites as is Kenny's Celebrate me Home!! And I am a big old egg nog whore!!!!! I can't wait to go buy some. I think I may start drinking it tonight.

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

Hi Stefanie. Yes ... I would say you have earned a glass or two of eggnog (maybe spiked?) and a river to skate away on after all you've been through lately.

I'm honored that you stopped by to comment here.