Tuesday, December 23, 2008

So this is Xmas ... and what have we done?

A package arrived via UPS today, and The Dean brought it inside, placing it under the tree. It took a little while, but the kids finally noticed it.

"DADDY! IT'S FROM JOHN LENNON!!" Boo yelled.

"Excuse me?" I asked.

"This present is from John Lennon!"

I looked at the return address. As expected, it was not from John Lennon. (It's from my aunt and uncle, if you're interested.)

"Why do you think this is from John Lennon?" I asked.

"Because," said Boo, pointing to the instructions Do Not Open Until Xmas! written on the brown-wrapping paper.

"It's from John Lennon because Xmas is how he spells Christmas!"

Happy Xmas
A very merry Christmas and a happy New Year
Let's hope it's a good one without any fear
And so this is Christmas, and what have you done
Another year over, and a new one just begun
And so this is Christmas, I hope you have fun
The near and the dear one, The old and the young.

No comments: