Saturday, January 31, 2009

Library Loot: January 28-Feb 3, 2009



Library Loot is a weekly event co-hosted by Alessandra and Eva that encourages bloggers to share the books they’ve checked out from the library. If you’d like to participate, just write up your post any time during the week-feel free to steal the button-and link it using the Mr. Linky on their sites. And of course check out what other participants are getting from their libraries!

Since this is my first week participating in Library Loot, I thought I would start with the books already on my night table:






Those were what I had in the queue before this week, one that consisted of two trips to two separate libraries in two days. On Friday, I needed to pick Betty up early from school; our appointment was finished earlier than anticipated, so we went to "the little library." This is a very small library, books crammed in everywhere, and just the quaintest little place. Stepping in the door is like stepping back in time ... except that this little library has a wonderful 14-Day Loan shelf of brand new releases. There, I found this:




I've heard so many great things about this from other book bloggers that I just had to get it. Then today, The Dean was working so Betty and I took Boo to his weekly social skills group. While there, we stopped by the zoo (that's another post) and - yes, a library, where I picked up these:


I have no idea how I am going to read all of these (I might need to go MIA in regards to Facebook) but it'll sure be fun trying!

2 comments:

Amy said...

I really liked the Girl Who Stopped Swimming. Enjoy your many reads!

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

Oh, I will, Amy. You know I will. :)