Friday, January 9, 2009

Palin and the Plumber

I think I can safely say who is going to run on the Republican ticket for President in 2012.

Sarah Palin and Joe the Plumber.

Remember, you read it here at The Betty & Boo Chronicles first. (Maybe not here first. I'm sure other bloggers have had similar thoughts. Still, anything with Sarah provides one with much-needed fun in these depressing times, so indulge me, will you?)

If they weren't planning a run for President, why else would these two be spending so much time spinning their wheels trying to do anything and everything to stay in the limelight? First you have Joe, post-questioning of Obama, announcing that he's contemplating a run for Congress. And then just this week, we have him jetting off to the Middle East to play journalist. I predict that after his visit to Gaza, (should he come back alive, that is) he'll be announcing that he's heard there's a vacancy at the Centers for Disease Control and is being considered.

Not to be outdone, we have Presidential Candidate in 2012 Sarah Palin taking every opportunity to do anything but run the state of Alaska. (And maybe, in her defense, there's just not that much goin' on up there, beings that one of the top stories on abcnews.com is this one, "Alaskans Shiver As Unusually Frigid Temperatures Settle in." (Here's a newsflash for you. It's January 9! You live in the tundra! Expect it to be cold!)

In just the last week alone, we've heard America's Hockey Mom tell us that daughter Bristol and future son-in-law Levi are "working their butts off." (Hmm, this article in the Anchorage Daily News this past Monday appears to tell a different story.) Then, Sarah criticized Tina Fey and Katie Couric. (And I quote, from abcnews.com: "Palin grouped both Couric and Fey in with "a lot of people that are capitalizing, perhaps exploiting" her." I suppose one could safely add yours truly into that mix, as I am certainly capitalizing and perhaps exploiting Ms. Palin for the purpose of keeping my New Year's Resolution of writing a blog post per day.)

And now today, she's taking on the speculation from folks wondering whether Trig is indeed her child.

It must be very hard work trying to stay relevant for four years, but doggone-it, Sarah is giving it a mighty good try. God knows I'm no Sarah fan, but here's a thought: freakin' do something! Quit yer bitching and complaining (I know, I'm one to talk) and making everything about me-me-me and I-I-I and come up with some innovative policy for special needs families or ... I don't know. Something. Something substantial.

The likelihood of that happening is probably very slim. Sarah wouldn't know substance if it picked up the phone and told her it was Nicolas Sarkozy of France.

But the likelihood of Sarah Palin and Joe the Plumber on the Presidential ticket after four years of inane crap from the two of them?

You betcha!

2 comments:

Florinda said...

Well, you won't have to click on one link in my "Saturday Review" next week - it will be this post! Thanks for the nightmare :-).

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

You're too funny, Florinda ... thanks for the link. :)