Sunday, February 1, 2009

Best of the week - January 25-February 1

For whatever reason, I didn't have many links in this post this week. It's not for lack of reading or items of interest. I'm not sure of the reason. But, here are a few tidbits to check out.

I personally like my politicians to have a little bit of a sense of humor, in a good way, which is how I took this joke by Joe Biden. We are seriously way too muzzled in this P.C. on crack society of ours if something like this becomes a big deal. Folks need to lighten the hell up.

Jenna and Barbara Bush offer some light-hearted (and not so light-hearted) advice in their letter to Malia and Sasha Obama about growing up in the White House and having a first-hand look at history.

World War I seems to be the stuff of history books, but not to Frank Buckles. Today's Philadelphia Inquirer has a great story about Frank, who turns 108 today and is the last known veteran ("our last living link") of World War I. He also has his own website.


Moving on from politics ... as it turns out, even the Sex and the City set isn't immune from the economic woes. I honestly don't know what I would do with myself if The Dean cut my Bergdorf allowance in half and if I had to give up bottle service. Oh, the horror! (What the hell is bottle service anyway? Somehow I don't think it's what I know to be bottle service - meaning, every weekend I take our bottles to the Recycling Center.)

That's all until next time. Have a good one!

No comments: