Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Coveting a Blog Layout

So, as you may have noticed, I read a lot of blogs. I may not read every post from every blog, but hey, there's only so many hours in a day.

In my perusal of other blogs, however, I've started coveting a feature of more than a few blogs I've seen.

I want a layout that has links at the top of my blog. You know, little tabs that say About and Books Read in 2007 or Read in 2008 and Photos and ... you get the idea. I want to be able to do that, but I am clueless and the more I play around trying to figure out exactly how to do that, the more frustrated I am.

Some women lust over clothes, shoes, jewelry .... but me? I lust for layouts.

So ... if you happen to be a blogger with such a cool feature, I beg of you ... how do you do that?

4 comments:

kristenspina said...

Oh, but if I tell you, I'll have to eliminate you ;-).

Look thru the various layouts offered by blogger, see if there is one that offers page navigation. Then instead of "create a new post" you are going to "create a new page." Should be fairly simple, but you might have to experiment a bit.

Niksmom said...

WordPress has that feature. Check it out. I have a layout I started on WP but haven't had the time to migrate over yet.

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

Thanks gals! I'll check it out ...

J.C. Montgomery said...

For mine (a blogger product), I found a template that I liked with tabs already part of the template. Then I went into the template and edited the html code for the tabs and inserted links to the posts, lists, etc.

Seemed daunting at first, but it turned out to be easier than I thought.

But then again I'm fairly comfortable working with html - as long as I was sure I saved the original before working on it. ;-)