I want to fulfill my obligation in accepting the "Honest Blog" award, so here are 10 honest facts about me ...
1. I read the obituaries every day, as soon as I possibly can.
2. I'm not crazy about flying.
3. I've been told that I tell people too much personal stuff too soon.
4. I agree with number 3.
5. I have a very strong dislike of talking on the phone. If it can be communicated via an email, all the better.
6. If you work with me, you know that I am known for not ever deleting a single work-related email. Ever. You never know when you will need to cover your ass. Been there, done that.
7. I have issues with clutter. I'm working on this and I probably will be forever.
8. I have a hard time letting go of friendships, and if I could, I would stay in touch and regular contact with everyone I ever said hello to. Personally, that's one of the reasons I like Facebook so much.
9. I never watched cartoons (i.e. Saturday morning shows, after-school cartoons, etc.) as a child. They weren't forbidden in my house, but I just wasn't interested and couldn't have cared less. As a result, I am rather clueless when people my age wax nostalgic about episodes of Bugs Bunny and Popeye and god only knows what other characters.
10. I've never smoked, nor have I ever tried smoking. It's like the cartoons - I never saw the appeal of partaking in such activities.
Well, now, aren't you just so thrilled that D. gave me the Honest Blog award? Could have probably done without knowing some of those tidbits, huh?
And now, for the three blogs I will bestow this on ...
1. from here to there and back - Kristen's is a fairly new blog for me, but one that I am truly enjoying for the incredible writing and insights she offers. FHTTAB helps put life with a special needs child into some much need perspective and because of that, this is one blog that I make sure to read on a daily basis.
2. The 3R's: Reading, 'Riting, and Randomness - this was one of the first blogs I discovered six months or so ago. Florinda became one of my earliest commentators and voices of encouragement. I admit that I borrowed the idea for "best of the week" from her because she is among the best at this. She's always good for adding a few more new blogs to my reader ...
3. simple.green.organic.happy - I've never met her, but Robin could qualify for the "people I know in real life" blog category because I "knew" her through another forum pre-beginning my blog. She, along with Beth Kephart (of Beth Kephart Books), are responsible for awakening my newfound interest photographing the everyday moments. Robin's blog has helped introduce me to many things, including at least one paid freelance gig.
There are so, so many others that I could nominate and it was really hard to select just three. You are all deserving!