Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Honored


Well. I am truly surprised. It seems that I've received a "Honest Blog" award from D., whose blog you can check out (and I hope you do) over at I'm just me ... Apparently, one bestows the "Honest Blog" award to bloggers who do the following:

"These blogs are exceedingly charming. These kind bloggers aim to find friends and be friends. They are not interested in self-aggrandizement. Our hope is that when the ribbons of these prizes are cut, even more friendships will be propagated. Please give more attention to these writers. Deliver this award to other bloggers who must choose to pass this on and include this cleverly- written text into the body of their award."

In accepting this, I need to agree to tell 10 honest facts about myself and nominate three bloggers to receive this. For the former, since I've already done the 25 Things meme on Facebook, that shouldn't be too hard - but I want to think about that. (Plus I'll get another post out of that, helping me with my New Year's Resolution of writing at least one blog post per day.) And for the three bloggers, I think I know who my nominees will be ... but I want to give them their just due by adequately recognizing them when I am more awake than I currently am.

D., thank you so very much for this. It came in my inbox on an evening where it was a much-needed pick-me-up. I love the Honest Scrap button. (You know I'm into scrapbooking bigtime. I am going on a weekend scrapbooking retreat next weekend and am counting the nanoseconds). You were one of the very first readers of The Betty and Boo Chronicles when I started writing this and I was convinced I knew you in real life in a six degrees of separation way. (I still think that's a possibility!) You're a frequent commentator, which is always gratifying. And your blog, too, is the definition of exceedingly charming, as your love for your family, especially your daughter Tink, is inspiring to us all.

Thank you. I am very, very appreciative. More than you know.

No comments: