Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Live-Blogging President Obama's Address to Congress

I thought I'd provide a running commentary during President Obama's address to Congress ...

Nice shout-out to Michelle Obama.

I don't think I will ever get tired of seeing Obama and Biden in such a setting.

GREAT beginning to the speech - we will recover from this. Yes. This is what was needed right from the get-go.

I love how the camera goes right to John McCain when Obama says that some may be skeptical of the economic plan. Could McCain be smirking any moreso than he was? Can you imagine how different this address would be if he was in front of that microphone? And if Sarah "the media was so unfair to me during the campaign" Palin was in the seat occupied by Joe Biden?

"Nobody messes with Joe ... " That's awesome. Love that.

The Dean says that someone needs to staple Nancy Pelosi to that chair.

And there you have the take-away line of the night - that by not finishing high school and going onto some additional training, that you are not only failing yourself but failing your country.

I don't think I have ever teared up during any Presidential address. That little girl and the story of her letter to Congress about her school ... that got me.

All in all, a good speech, I thought. Let's hope it works ....

2 comments:

Beth Kephart said...

was the dean talking to my husband? he said the exact same thing about Nancy. And yes, Michele. And yes, that little girl. I cried, too.

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

Well, The Dean and your husband do share the same name, so it is quite possible that they were sharing the same sentiments. :)