Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Word Play

There's a small playing area in the waiting room of Boo's social skills group and among the toys scattered about is a magnetic board with plastic letters.

The other week, Boo went over to the board and started playing with the letters .

I didn't think too much of this, and then after about 2 or 3 minutes (I swear, it was a very, very short amount of time) he called me over. "Mommy, look at what I wrote," he said, pointing to the board.


Talk about a kick to the heart. This is at a social skills group and my kid is spelling out "PleasE bE Kind kids" on the magnetic board. I nearly fell over. (For the record, I don't think the kids are unkind in the group. I think he was merely reiterating the rules of the group.) But wait - he wasn't done. He tossed "PleasE bE Kind" to the floor and within a minute or two (I swear, a minute or two) produced this:



Followed immediately by this:



I was - and still am - at a loss for words.

2 comments:

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

awesome! Do you have any of the "magnetic poetry" sets? He might like that, with arranging words instead of letters. Highlights toys made one a few years back that was kid-centric.

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

Dawn - I forgot about Magnetic Poetry! Yes, he would love that. Thanks for the reminder!