Friday, March 20, 2009

As I Was Saying ...

In my previous post ("Obama: Bowling for Dummies"), I wrote these words:

Can you just hear Sarah Palin now? I'm sure she's ready for her close-up, just dying to sink her manicured claws into this one.

And, right on cue, four hours later at 6:14 p.m., CNN posted this on their Political Ticker from you-know-who:

WASHINGTON (CNN) - Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin said she was "shocked" to hear President Obama's offhand comment referring to the Special Olympics in an appearance on the Tonight Show on Thursday night.

"This was a degrading remark about our world's most precious and unique people, coming from the most powerful position in the world," Palin said in a statement released Friday. "These athletes overcome more challenges, discrimination and adversity than most of us ever will. By the way, these athletes can outperform many of us and we should be proud of them. I hope President Obama's comments do not reflect how he truly feels about the special needs community."

Well, dare I say that I actually agree with something Sarah says. You heard it here first.

2 comments:

Niksmom said...

If I thought for a moment that Ms. Palin was sincere, I might say I agree, too. However, her track record (have you seen the funds she rejected from the stimulus which would've gone toward special ed???) and her gratuitous pandering to the "mainstream media" which she bashed so mightily just months ago...it all smacks a little too much of political posturing to me. And, um, she's living in a rather large glass house of hypocrisy herself, dontchaknow, what with her baby having her baby and not marrying the baby-daddy and all. She of such high moral fiber and all... (sorry, getting snarky on her).

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

Indeed, Niksmom ... she is the epitome of insincerity. I did see that about the rejection of federal funding (right after I posted this :) The woman definitely has designs on another rather large house, methinks. And that will be incredibly scary indeed.