Monday, March 16, 2009

Boo, The Official Beatles Biographer

Going through Boo's homework folder tonight, I came across a worksheet that he did in class. The bold responses are Boo's answers.

Choose a book you like. Answer the question.

Book Title: The Life of John Lennon (this is an actual children's book, for kids ages 9-12.)

What happens in the book? Write or draw details for each part.

Beginning: John Lennon was born in 1940. (Next to this he drew a stick figure labeled Julia and next to Julia, a stick figure labeled Alfred holding baby John.)

Middle: John Lennon met's Paul McCartney. (Drawing is of a bespectacled, somewhat grim-faced John arm in arm with a open-mouthed singing Paul.)

End: John Lennon dies in age 40 on December 8, 1980. (Drawing is of an angry-looking Mark David Chapman shooting John Lennon, who is pictured sans eyes, nose or mouth.)

I'm guessing that Boo is the only 7 year old in our school's history who has referenced Julia and Alf Lennon (much less Mark David Chapman) in his homework.

1 comment:

Florinda said...

Great book report on one of my favorite topics :-).

When you get a minute, please come back over to my blog and let me know which giveaway you want to enter, and I'll also need your e-mail address. If you'd rather not make that public, feel free to e-mail me at 3.rsblog AT GMail DOT com. Thanks!