Sunday, March 22, 2009

O Spirit of Life and Renewal

O Spirit of Life and Renewal
Rev. Jane Rzepka

We have wintered enough,
mourned enough,
oppressed ourselves enough.

Our souls are too long cold and buried,
our dreams all but forgotten,
our hopes unheard.

We are waiting to rise from the dead.
In this, the season of steady rebirth,
we awaken to the power so abundant, so holy,
that returns each year through earth and sky.
We will find our hearts again, and our good spirits.
We will love, and believe, and give and wonder,
and feel again the eternal powers.

The flow of life moves ever onward
through one faithful spring,
and another,
and now another.

May we be forever grateful.

Alleluia.
Amen.



This meditation is one of my favorites. I heard it one spring Sunday at church 8 years ago and it really spoke to me. I asked our minister for a copy, which she gladly provided, and to me it is just the perfect verse for springtime ... don't you think?

The photos are mine, taken during yesterday's visit to the zoo. Purple crocuses lined the path and flowers were tentatively starting to emerge. The river, too, was alive with the spirit of spring. As were we.

3 comments:

Priya said...

I love the pictures.

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

I've seen a few crocus plants around here, but the daffs are just starting to poke their green stalks out ... beautiful photos!

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

Thanks, Priya and Dawn. Glad you enjoyed the photos. I'm someone who, 3 (or maybe 4) years after getting my digital camera is finally figuring out the settings, so it is always a pleasant surprise for me when folks like my photos.