Sunday, March 29, 2009

Showers of Happiness

So I went to a baby shower yesterday for a childhood friend, and I am here to report that I have now seen everything. Among the gifts that my friend received in preparation for the arrival of her baby boy was this little contraption (sans the cherubic baby).

It's the Sozo Oops Weeblock. Never heard of this little thing? (Don't feel bad, neither had I.) Here's the product description from babiesrus.com: "A must-have for the parents of baby boys, the Weeblock® Oops from Sozo® is a wee-wee-absorbing sponge for use when changing diapers. Weeblock was invented by the parents of two boys who have developed a useful and fun solution to the inevitable fountains of youth. Just cover the baby during changing with the Weeblock® and stay dry! Weeblock® is a machine washable sponge covered in soft cotton jersey."

This thing retails for $9.99 and was invented by a dad. There are other styles, as shown here beginning with the Whiz Kid version.

... or this one, for your lil' superhero Pee-Wee Man ...


or Captain Blast Off ...


and a version for the stylish baby who's ready to be Puttin' on the Spritz ...


or just your everyday Lil' Squirt ...


This received many laughs, as you can imagine. In my opinion, as far as baby gifts go, the Weeblock truly takes the proverbial cake.

5 comments:

Niksmom said...

I've seen these before and had to laugh. In five years, I've never had that problem with Nik. (Yes, I know, I just guaranteed a golden shower at some point in the near future. *sigh*) LOL

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

Aren't they hilarious? Boo's always been pretty good about this, too ... I can only recall once or twice when this was an issue.

Lenore said...

A friend told me about this recently. Definitely sounds like it could come in handy!

bermudaonion said...

That is funny! The last time I went to a baby shower, I bought a gift from the mom-to-be's wish list and I had no idea what it was. I just picked it because it cost the amount I wanted to spend.

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

Best wishes to your friend!

That product is hilarious, although I think "Captain Blast Off" might be seen as a challenge to the wee 'un :)