Thursday, March 5, 2009

Stuck

I have started about a dozen different posts tonight and went back to revise about a dozen more that are still stuck in Drafts and ... well, I got nothin' tonight. I'm tired and I have a lot of things on my mind like The Dean's birthday today and how it is affecting him - it's a doozy of a birthday - and the very sudden and completely unexpected death of one of the kids' teachers at school.

I know, I don't like blog posts like this that whine about being stuck for something to say. Days like these make me question my sanity for making a New Year's Resolution with myself to write a blog post every day. But I did, and I do, because I went through years when it was impossible for me to write anything more substantial than a grocery list. I think part of making sure I write something here every day is because I think that it will be all too easy to slip back into that abyss, to say, "I'll write a post tomorrow," and then tomorrow becomes the busy-ness of the weekend, and then a week goes by, and then another and another ....

So, forgive me for being a little stuck tonight. Tomorrow's another day.

4 comments:

Niksmom said...

I really admire your determination to not slip into that abyss which I am soooo comfortable slipping into (all too frequently, in fact).
Happy Birthday to The Dean! And, um, wow...so sorry to hear about the death of the teacher. That has to have everyone shaken up.

In light of all that, I'm even more impressed that you pulled *anything* together! You're my writing hero for today. :-)

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

Think of all the "head starts" you have on those posts that are in draft state ... you're that much further along when you're ready to go back and polish them up!

Sounds like you've got a lot going on, between buoying up the Dean for his "significant" bday and the death of someone in your community.

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

Niksmom and Dawn - thank you so much! Glad to know someone is reading my "I'm stuck" posts. :)

gail elle said...

Don't be too hard on yourself if you don't post every day! If you see it as a "job" you will end up resenting your own blog! :)

Of course, look at me, letting a month go by inbetween posts. No wonder I have no readership!!
But then again, I only write when something tickles my brain and I need put put it on paper (oops, online) to scratch the itch!!