Monday, April 20, 2009

Best of the Week: April 12-18

From The Happiness Project, here are 10 tips on how to be a more light-hearted parent.

And from Dorinda's post on Multiple Bliss, Tips for Traveling With Multiples. We're not planning any extensive driving trips this summer, sans our usual 2 hour drive to the shore, but these tips are worthy for anyone planning such an adventure, regardless of the number of kids in tow.

A wonderful, touching post by John Elder Robison (author of Look Me In the Eye) about his first friend, a boy named Doug who was a playmate when they lived in Philadelphia. (For my relatives who read this blog: I know, I did a double take too. It's not our Doug.)

Like all 47 million people who've watched the YouTube video, I was captivated last week by Susan Boyle. This is a great feature from The Herald (UK) newspaper that gives us a glimpse into this amazing woman.

It's been a tough week in Philadelphia with the death of longtime Phillies broadcaster Harry Kalas. As I wrote here, Harry was beloved by this city. There's been a bazillion tributes over the past week. Here's The Dean's post ("Wild About Harry") from his blog. I was the person responsible for The Dean having the opportunity to meet Harry Kalas. It was 1999, a new Barnes & Noble had just opened, and I saw an ad in the paper for a book-signing. The Dean was going to be in the area that day, so I clipped it and encouraged him to go.

Hope you had a great week and that this one is off to a good start.

No comments: