Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Best of the Week: May 17-23

Errrrgggghhh, I'm a couple days late again with my Best of the Week post. Sorry, folks. I'll blame it on the holiday weekend.

Who knew Mike Huckabee was versed in the children's book, Fancy Nancy? Judging by Huckabee's ode to Nancy Pelosi, he (or someone on his staff) certainly seems to be.

The Bookworms Carnival is looking for some submissions for upcoming carnivals - and with two interesting themes. The first is Paranormal Fiction, and I know some of you are well-read in that genre. (Me, not so much. It's just not quite my thing.) That one has a June 12 deadline. Another upcoming carnival has the theme of Local (to You) Authors. I was torn between submitting my Happy 111th Birthday, Carolyn Haywood post or my review of House of Dance by Beth Kephart.

Turns out there's someone else who doesn't have a vegetable garden this summer for the same reasons I don't. Jen's post makes me want to get some strawberries this weekend ....

If you're at a get-together this summer and find yourself loathing the need to make small talk, maybe The Happiness Project's Seven Tips for Making Good Conversation with a Stranger will come in handy.

With the economy being the snafu extraordinaire that it is, parents might be interested in checking out this freebie. Participating bowling alleys are offering two free games everyday per kid! Check it out at KidsBowlFree.com. There's a list of participating bowling alleys by state on the site.

That's it! Hope your week is off to a good start!

1 comment:

Priya said...

I got a real kick out of Huckabee's poem. :) Thanks for sharing!