Friday, June 19, 2009

Bloggiesta - Hour 1

It's Bloggiesta time! And to kick this off in the right way, I need your help.

I'd like to hear what you think about The Betty and Boo Chronicles. And what you don't like, or what you'd like to see more of.

Do I talk too much about books? My kids? Or not enough of either?

Do you like when I post recipes or do those posts get thrown down the garbage disposal?

Do you want more photos? (Photos of my kids won't be happening, sorry. I'm not comfortable posting them - especially after this week - nor reveal our names or where we exactly live - although most of you might have been able to figure that one out. I've given some consideration to blogging as my real first name, though, or maybe a shortened version of such. When I started the blog, it was intended to be a means to keep Betty and Boo's grandparents updated with their every day happenings, given that we're at a distance from them - hence, the moniker Betty and Boo's Mommy. But, it's lengthy to type out and I'd like to think that there's a tad more to me than just being a mom.)

Jeez Louise. Got off on a tangent there, sorry. My coffee must have had triple the caffeine this morning. Ole! indeed!

Back to my questions.

Do you like the list of blogs I have listed?

You'll notice on the sidebar that I have a list of what I consider my best posts. You'll also notice that it hasn't been updated since February. Surely I've written something decent since February. What posts do you think should be listed there?

If you don't want to write your thoughts in a comment, that's fine. You can email me at peanutboo2 AT gmail DOT com. (Hint: if you're a lurker, this is a great time for you to say hi and let me know you're here.)

I wish I had some cool giveaway to offer as an incentive to reply, but ... well, I got nothin'. Except my thanks, and appreciation.

7 comments:

Natasha @ Maw Books said...

Have a great time with the challenge!

Although, I do post photos of my kids, like you I have never divulged their names. And I love recipes!

ghkcole said...

I'm a big fan. I like how you point me to other good blogs. I'm excited by your kid book reviews and have bought a book thanks to you. I admit I skip the adult reviewsbecause I have such angst over my lost reading life but I just can't squeze it in and for now I need blogs more than books. I'm all good with anonymity but would like to be fb friends... !!
Keep blogging... I will keep reading!!!

Nicole said...

Have a great time today! Pictures are always a plus, you can never go wrong with those.

Priya said...

I love your blog! Most of your posts are interesting, and I like the balance between book reviews, talking about your kids, and more. I do agree that more pictures would be nice, and maybe you might want to think about shortening the blog roll. Because there are A LOT of blogs on there now. :)

Florinda said...

I wish I had some constructive suggestions for you, but...nope, sorry :-). I like just about everything you do here, including the recipes! Your posts are always so thoughtful and well-written.

I think our blogs have some elements in common, in that we don't fit neatly into a niche. The book posts, the "mom" posts, and the "everything else" posts are all mixed together - I like it that way, and am glad to know someone else who does too.

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

You guys ... you guys are the best. Seriously. Thank you so much for the kind words. They meant so much, and I am very appreciative, so much more than you will ever know.

And I kind of needed this more than I knew, too. Thank you.

Susan said...

I'm not a blogger at all, but love your blog. I think you have a great variety of topics, and am always amazed at how you have time for the long commute, twins, including one with special needs, an "evil-B" husband, reading, blogging, politics, and just plain simple fun!! I love keeping up with you and your family. And if I'm not interested in something you write, I can just skip over it; someone out there is probably interested in that particular post. Keep it up. And I don't think giving your first name out would breach your confidentiality too much.