Sunday, June 21, 2009

Bloggiesta Update #2

Well, I'm turning into a pumpkin here as the clock is about to strike midnight (it's 11:47 p.m. on Saturday eve as I type this sentence and will be a new day by the time I hit Publish Post). We're in the final hours of Bloggiesta, and - I know this is going to come as a shocker to y'all - but I have barely made a dent in my to-do list. Nor have I done anywhere near as many of the challenges as I would have liked.

Today my in-laws arrived at 10:30 a.m., and then there was grocery shopping to be done. They also offered to babysit this evening so The Dean and I could celebrate our anniversary (16 years last week) with a grown-up dinner out. We selected a very nice, upscale restaurant and piano bar mere minutes from our house (who'da thunk?!) and had a delicious dinner and a delightful time.

Still, I managed to:

- Write my post for today ("My City of Brotherly Love")

- Write my Sunday Salon post for tomorrow.

- Search for blogs that have also reviewed Loving Frank by Nancy Hoban, in preparation for my upcoming review (hopefully later this week) and added them to my templated post.

- Search for blogs that have also reviewed Without a Backward Glance by Kate Veitch, also in preparation for an upcoming post this week, and added them to my templated post.

- Delete a couple of Draft posts that were ridiculous (only a few words or an incoherant sentence)

- Out of the 108 items that showed up in my Google Reader today, I only made a dent by reading 35. Ugh. Pitiful. (The quantity of my reading, that is ... not the quality.)

My time bloggiesta-ing today was 5.0 hours, for a total time spent of 11.5. Ah well. It is what it is. I may continue this more tomorrow (er ... today, as the clock says 12:23 a.m. now) in an unofficial capacity, depending on how much the downright biblical deluge of rain we've been experiencing lately impacts our Father's Day plans. (We were planning on going to a minor league baseball game, but I'm not sure ....)

I'd like to wrap up my Bloggiesta post by thanking Natasha for hosting such a fun party, the challenge hosts for providing such informative tips, and my loyal readers for giving me feedback and such kind words on this blog. Thank you all.

You all did a phenomenal job ... and our blogs are all the more better for it!

No comments: