Thursday, June 18, 2009

Bloggiesta!

I'm going to be participating in the festive Bloggiesta this weekend! Haven't heard about Bloggiesta? It's being hosted by the wonderfully talented and gracious Natasha over at Maw Books Blog. All the details are in this post on her blog. (Which, I might add, is one of my absolute favorites. When I grow up, I want to be Natasha.) You can join the fun even if you're not a book blogger (and I hardly put myself in that category, since my reading totals are paltry compared to others.)

There is , however, the small matter of needing to do some actual pay-the-bills type of real-life work tomorrow, as well as some much-needed real housekeeping in the real house, not just housekeeping of the blog nature. My in-laws will be visiting this weekend, so some other activities may divert my attention from the Bloggiesta.

Still, I can't seem to resist jumping on the bandwagon when a cool blog party is happenin'. Here are some of the things I'm hoping to accomplish during the Bloggiesta. (Is it "the Bloggiesta" or just "Bloggiesta?" Hmm....)

- Write my review of The Red Convertible, which I promised during the Sunday Salon.

- There are several children's books that I'd like to spotlight before I take them back to the library. I like to have those as "rainy day posts." (Actually, that's not the best term to use lately, as we've had a miserable string of rainy days this spring ... it is just downright depressing.)

- A former co-worker's daughter in law (got that?) wrote an adorable children's book and gave me a copy. I promised to do a review, author interview, and giveaway. That was back in March. I'm embarrassed that this has taken me this long.

- I'd like to write a few additional posts to have "in the can" for those days when I'm not quite inspired. Ideally, I'd like to have a new post every day, which was my New Year's Resolution. I actually did this up until mid-March. Now, I'll give myself permission to take a day or two "off" but then I get antsy. I like to have fodder in the hopper waiting to go.

- I've gotta clean up and add to my blogroll. When I first started blogging, I was reading others' blogs by clicking on the links on my blogroll. Then I discovered Google Reader, and now I just hit subscribe. Many of the blogs I read have been through browsing other bloggers' blogrolls, so I like to return the favor.

- Speaking of Google Reader, are we allowed to catch up on our reading? Because I am convinced that I will never see a number below 1000+ again. I'd like to see if my GR is actually capable of displaying a three-digit number. I'm doubtful.

- I have a bunch of photos in Memory Manager (I use Creative Memories' MM for my digital photos) that are intended as blog fodder, but they need to be moved into the appropriate folders.

Hmm, who else is thinking that they could use a whole week of Bloggiesta ... ?

2 comments:

Lori said...

I just stumbled onto your blog and wanted to let you know that I really enjoy reading it!

From one Philly girl to another, great blog! Enjoy the Bloggiesta!

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

Thanks so much, Lori! You've made my day!