Monday, June 22, 2009

Father's Day Brunch Menu

I wanted to make a special brunch yesterday for Father's Day. We had fruit salad, vegetarian sausage, toast, and this delicious breakfast casserole that I found on Allrecipes.com. Even though Father's Day is over, I thought I'd share some of the casserole with you since everyone at our table seemed to love it and it is oh-so-easy.

Credit goes to a Beth Notaro of Kokomo, Indiana for this recipe; the photos are mine.

Amish Breakfast Casserole

Ingredients:
1 pound sliced bacon, diced (I used Morningstar Farms vegetarian bacon)
1 medium sweet onion, chopped
6 eggs, lightly beaten
4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
I used these because they were the only potatoes I had on hand.

2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
1 1/2 cups small curd cottage cheese
1 1/4 cups shredded Swiss cheese (I didn't have any Swiss, so I added the same amount of cheddar)

In a large skillet, cook bacon and onion until bacon is crisp; drain.

In a bowl, combine the remaining ingredients.

Stir in bacon mixture.

Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. x 2-in. baking dish.

Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 35-40 minutes or until set and bubbly.

Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting.

Here's the link to the recipe (and other reviews) on Allrecipes.com.
Hope you enjoy this as much as we did and that your Father's Day was a good one, too.

No comments: