Monday, June 8, 2009

Keith Urban and Boo, Counselors to Brokenhearted 7 Year Olds

"And she broke my heart, broke it right in two
And it's fixing time
But I'm feeling like I'm finally ready to
Find, find somebody new.
I wanna kiss a girl, I wanna hold her tight,
And maybe make a little magic in the moonlight .... "
"Kiss a Girl" - Keith Urban

"Daniel needs to hear this song," remarked Boo, from the back seat as Keith Urban sang from the satellite radio.

"Who's Daniel?" I asked.

"He's my friend. From my class."

"And why does he need to hear this song?"

"Because he's breaking up with his girlfriend," Boo said, shrugging nonchalantly, as if 7 year olds break up every day.

"He's what?" I said. "Breaking up with his what?"

"His girlfriend."

"Oh."

We were both quiet for a moment, me contemplating the fact that break-ups are even a topic of conversation with my 7 year old.

"So," Boo continued. "I think if Daniel listens to this song, he might not break up with her."

Well, that's a possibility. Can't hurt to try.

"Are you ready? Are you ready?
Are you ready, Are you ready?
To cross that line?"

Actually ... no, Keith. I'm not. Not in the least.

6 comments:

Tracey - Just Another Mommy Blog said...

Breaking up at 7... Hey, my son has ruminated on which girls are "hot." He's 7, too. (I did remind him that, at HIS age, girls are NOT hot; they're sweet and cute. End of story.)

Anonymous said...

I just love Boo...he's so much fun!! It must be interesting in your house, b/c you never know what you are going to get! Thanks for sharing some of the fun/ny moments!!

Susan

kristenspina said...

Oh my! We are so not there yet. And like you, so not ready ;-)

Kristi said...

Oh dear. What drama at such a young age.

PS: Thanks for the supportive words on my blog the other day. It really helps me to hear from other moms of twins (especially older twins) because it lets me know that I will survive this insane baby stage!

Priya said...

I love that song! :)

I'm just me... said...

Wow. I am soooo glad we are not there yet!