Monday, July 13, 2009

Awful Library Books

The Dean says (jokingly) that he is going to take my laptop away from me if I keep laughing like this.

But I can't help it. I'm reading the funniest blog, Awful Library Books. Have you read this yet? (I'm usually that person who discovers things long after they've been cool, so most likely you have.)

In case you haven't, you must, must, must check this out. (Pun totally intended.) I usually don't share my "new to me" blogs because a) I find new ones all the time, and b) it would be impossible to remember them all. Awful Library Books is too good to keep to myself.

Here's the description, written by the blog's creators, Holly and Mary.

Awfullibrarybooks.wordpress.com is a collection of the worst library holdings. The items featured here are so old, obsolete, awful or just plain stupid that we are horrified that people might be actually checking these items out and depending on the information.

This blog contains actual library holdings. No specific libraries or librarians are named to protect the guilty. Check your shelves, it could be you.

May 19, 2009 Update:Thanks for all the comments and interest in our site! We are thrilled to find out that we aren’t the only ones concerned about quality library collections. If you have any awful library books to share, please feel free to email them to Holly and Mary at awfullibrarybooks@gmail.com. If you can include any bib data as well, we would appreciate it!

We promise to keep your library and name confidential.

Thanks! Mary and Holly

I don't know about you, but I cannot wait for my next visit to the library ....

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Hmm. I might have to avoid this one. Knowing me I would be trying to read the books to see if they are really awful. lol

Betty and Boo's Mommy said...

Nicole, I would probably be right there with you! :)