Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Speechless

I am completely speechless right now ... and here's why.

Lily Koppel, author of The Red Leather Diary, links to my blog post from Sunday in her post today.

Some people put celebrities I've never heard of on pedestals. Me, I reserve that spot for writers. Every since I was a little girl, I've viewed writers as exalted, larger than life.

I've never stopped being that 6 year old whose fan letter was personally answered (in handwriting, no typed letter this) from her favorite author, and that's how I felt tonight when, while perusing a few blogs, I stumbled onto Lily's (which I've had in Google Reader since discovering it a few days ago).

"If you are reading this, you are part of a salon ...." her post was titled.

"How cool," I thought. "Someone else had the same thought of equating Florence Wolfson's literary salons to what we're doing here, online, talking books and whatnot."

And I clicked on the link, and I realized it took me to my very own blog.

Thank you, Lily ... for this and for writing a wonderful treasure of a book.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I have to channel my inner 6-year old and dance around the living room with all the joy and exuberance of a child.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

Dance, dance, dance!!!
xo Steph

Lori said...

How flippin awesome is that!!! You go girl, dance away!!!

JoAnn said...

Woo hoo...that's awesome!!

Dawn - She is Too Fond of Books said...

As my inner 6-year-old would say, "how cool is that?!?" I bet you're still grinning!