Monday, August 10, 2009

Simple Summer Sandwich

I made my favorite summertime sandwich the other day, and thought I would share a bite or two with you. It's such a simple, delicious lunch. Enjoy!

Get some hummus (I like to make my own, but usually have store-bought hummus on hand.)

Then, cut up a cucumber from the farmer's market.

Spread the hummus on some wheat bread.
(I am partial to the Honey Crushed Wheat bread that they sell at Wal-Mart.)


Place the sliced cucumbers on the hummus-ed bread.



Then take a gorgeous tomato, also from the farmer's market.



Slice gorgeous tomato and place on top of the sliced cucumber.


(Try to slice neater if you know you'll be posting photos on your blog.)
Enjoy!

(And no, I didn't earn a dime - or a penny, even - from Tribe hummus or Wal-Mart for this high-profile product placement to all 56 people reading this blog. I can, however, be reached via the comment sections if the Tribe or Wal-Mart folks wish to compensate accordingly .... :)

1 comment:

Mel @ A Box of Chocolates said...

That looks delicious. I'm gonna need to remember this for a back to school sandwich. Probably pretty Weight Watcher friendly too.