Thursday, August 27, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash - August 27

Time for another fun week of Word Verification Balderdash! This fun meme is hosted by Bookjourney over at One Persons Journey Through Books. Basically, the idea is to take all those words we all get in Word Verification while commenting on blogs, and come up with definitions for them.

I had a harder time this week than last, but it is still great fun. (Not to mention it is a creative challenge. I just love me a creative challenge!) Here's what I came up with for definitions.

galitat - (pronounced "GAL-lee-tat") - the forced pleasantries of the conversation that you have at the office holiday party with that despised (but powerful) coworker that makes your spouse/partner miserable.

"The Winter Faculty Soiree was lovely, although I could have done without having to make a half hour of galitat with Dr. Thomas. Seeing him once a year is more than enough."

pronstal - (pronounced "pron-stall") - the phenomenon that occurs when you plan so precisely to get out of the house at a certain time, you're right on schedule (and maybe even on time for once) ... and your child/ren throw a temper tantrum, need to change clothes for the upteenth time, or decide they must take a toy with them that hasn't been seen for six months.

"We would have been here a half hour ago, but Betty's pronstal made us late ... as per usual."

obsoc (rhymes with "lob-sock") - what you call the lone remaining sock in the dryer after the other one has disappeared into Laundry Purgatory.

"For once in my life, I'd like to know what it is like to do laundry without dealing with an obsoc."

If you'd like to play along, stop over at One Persons Journey Through Books!

2 comments:

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

These are fantastic.... I swear I get more enjoyment out of reading what everyone else comes up with than creating my own (although that is so fun too!)

I love how you put them in sentences.... that makes it even funnier!

galitat is my fav this week.... oh how I hate galitat"ing"

Alexia561 said...

Nice! And I'd really, really like to do laundry just once without having to deal with an obsoc! *L*