Thursday, August 20, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash

There's a new meme in town, folks, and it's being hosted by Bookjourney over at One Persons Journey Through Books. Basically, the idea is to take all those words we all get in Word Verification while commenting on blogs, and come up with definitions for them.

I just love this.

So for the past week, I've been keeping track of my Word Verifications. Here's what I came up with for definitions.

comotogr - (pronounced "como-tog-ger", like photographer)
that annoying parent (uh ... ahem, guilty as charged here) incessantly snapping photos of their precious cherub in the school play, soccer game, etc., almost as if they (the parent) are in a trance or a coma.

"That crazy bee-otch mom needs to stop being such a comotgr and sit the hell down so the rest of us can actually see some of this play."

ravac - (pronounced "rave-vack") - someone who feels compelled to vacuum incessantly

deigents - (pronounced "DAY-gents") - people employed as agents, but only for priests.

spridork (pronounced "SPREE-dork") - that person in high school who was always so dorky, but who has turned into a really cool person as an adult.

"I couldn't believe that guy at the reunion was really Dwayne! He's turned into quite the spridork!"

prest - the nanosecond of time in which you finally sit down, only to have one of your children yell that they need MOMMMMMMMYYYYYY!!!!!! RIIIIIIIIGHT!!!!!! NOWWWWWWW!!!!!

kaugl - (pronounced "call-gull") the exercise one does by mistake when attempting to do a Kegel; the half-assed version of a Kegel exercise.

atillis - sibling of Atilla the Hun, or a person having the qualities of such.

pingerai - a group of people sitting together in a common area (like a cafeteria) in silence, but texting each other on their cell phones, Blackberries, etc.

pabinabl - (pronounced "pay-been-able") - someone who is incredibly wealthy, but never seems to have any money when it comes time to pay for lunch, coffee, or the parking meter.

"Once again, Blaine didn't have any money this week when we went to Starbucks, but yet he just bought a new Porsche. What a freakin' pabinabl!"

Could this possibly be more fun? Yes, it could - if you play along too. Remember to visit Bookjourney and leave the link to your post over there.

6 comments:

Alexia561 said...

Very clever! I never thought of including the pronunciations! And an example of using the word in a sentence. Too cool!

Should anyone know a Ravac, could they please send them to my house? *L*

Great job! :)

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

These are incredibly funny! I too am guilty of comotogr... carry my camera in my purse 24/7.

spridork is still making me laugh and I know people like that! LOL

Thanks for playing! :)

Alipet813 said...

I haven't wanted to yell at the comotogr before. Dang, do they never sit down???

Hehe commenting here gives me a word for next week...

Jodie said...

This is so much fun - I'm gonna do it! Especially like the spree dork one.

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

Glad you all enjoyed this! Sheila, this is such a fun way to end the week, isn't it?

Julie J. said...

I love your words and definitions! I haven't played along with this one yet, but intend to this week. Loved the spridork!! It's fantastic!!