No typo there, folks. Four hundred and forty five blogs. (And I wonder why my Google Reader never budges from 1000+.)
There are all kinds of blogs in my reader - mommy and parenting blogs, autism blogs, blogs by people I know in real life, blogs about social media, political punditry blogs, writers' and writing blogs, decluttering-your-life blogs, and oh yeah ... a book blog or two.
Make that a book blog or 102.
I know the purpose of this post was for us to highlight some of our favorite book blogs that didn't make the BBAW awards shortlist, but I can't choose just some of them. I started to do that, and then I felt bad leaving someone off the list. And what if that person mentioned me, and I didn't? I would be mortified.
So I decided this had to be an all or nothing sort of post. Which is why on this first day of Book Blogger Appreciation Week, I'm giving a shout-out to every single book blog that I subscribe to.
Admittedly, I don't read every single post from every one of those 101 blogs. Some are among my must-reads of the day, others I skim, and others are brand new to me. But make no mistake about it, I think each one of these bloggers brings something of value and interest to the book blogosphere, and I certainly appreciate each and every one of them. I also subscribe to most of the blogs on the BBAW short-lists, in addition to these 101.
So, without further ado, I gladly present the book blogs in my Google Reader (with apologies for the crappy formatting and my alphabetical mistakes ... my eyes are glazing over here, and my family has suggested that they might like dinner at some point).
1. A Comfy Chair and a Good Book
2. A Garden Carried in the Pocket
13. Bloggin' Bout Books (should get an award for best subject lines! I love Susan's creative subject lines ... and the rest of her wonderful blog.)
14. Blue Archipelago
16. Book Aunt
19. Book Crumbs
20. Book Dragon - a brand new blog to me, and that's because Book Dragon is my BBAW interview partner! I can't wait to introduce you to my new friend in tomorrow's post.
21. Book Gazing
22. Book Nut
24. Bookgirl's Nightstand - Iliana's blog was among the first blogs I discovered, and she has been among my favorites ever since. In addition to the book talk found there, I love her descriptions of her book journals and the process of making them.
27. Bookmama's World
28. Books and Cooks
33. Bookstack - also among one of the very first book blogs I started reading
36. Cindy's Love Of Books (Cindy) I met Cindy through the BEA TwittyParty, and her blog has been one that I've read regularly ever since.
40. Dog Ear Diary
48. Hope's Bookshelf
49. I'm Booking It
53. Joyfully Retired
54. Lakeside Musing (JoAnn) JoAnn and I share similar literary tastes, are mothers of twins (although hers are driving and mine are often driving me crazy) and have some geography in common. Even without all of that, Lakeside Musing would still be one of my favorite blogs. I could stare at that photo of the lake forever. Stop over and visit JoAnn on the lake and tell me if I'm not right.
55. Lattes and Life
56. Letters on Pages
59. Linus's Blanket
67. Must Read Faster
70. On My Bookshelf
71. One Person's Journey Through Books - Sheila is the founder of Word Verification Balderdash, which occurs on Thursdays and is so much fun.
72. Page After Page
77. Reading Rumpus
80. Shelf Space
81. SmallWorld Reads
82. SMS Book Reviews
83. Stacy's Bookblog
84. Stella Matutina
85. Table Talk
86. Teaching Authors
88. That's a Novel Idea
I "met" Ali a few months ago during My Friend Amy's live chat with Beth Kephart, and have loved her blog since. She's brand new to the book blogging world, having only been blogging since June.
89. The 3 R's: Reading, 'Riting, and Randomness - Florinda's was one of the first blogs I discovered and one of the first commenters on mine, and for that (and more) I will be forever grateful. Florinda was also among those who did so much behind-the-scenes work on BBAW, so she has my appreciation for that, too. Plus, she is the person who clued me in to what a #hashtag on Twitter means.
101. Word Lily !
I celebrate all of you!
Now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to discover Number 102 ....