Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Everyone Deserves Access to Helping Shorts

Maybe he was inspired by watching President Obama's speech on Tuesday in his 2nd grade classroom.

Whatever it was, when I mentioned to Boo that I wanted to watch President Obama on TV tonight, he pleaded - pleaded! - with me to stay up late and watch with me.

So, I agreed. "You can watch until 8:30," I said.

We settled onto the couch, at one point Boo commandeering my laptop to Facebook and Twitter on my behalf.

"Do you know what he is talking about?" I asked Boo.

He shook his head. "I think he wants to make the USA a better place."

I tweeted this adorable tidbit (only to be RTed by some miscreat who spouted off about misguided youth - and no, surprisingly it wasn't South Carolina's Official State Idiot Rep. Joe Wilson), and then Boo wrote his own Tweet.

President Obama is talking about helping shorts.

Huh? Helping shorts?

Helping short people?

Oh.

No, Boo, I laughed. Not helping shorts.

That would be health insurance.

2 comments:

Niksmom said...

Ouch! I just snarfed my coffee (thank goodness it was tepid)!
When I saw that tweet last night I couldn't figure it out. Now I understand.

But, um, perhaps Boo needs his hearing checked? Or a good agent? ;-)

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

Thought you would enjoy that post, Niksmom. And yes, I'm thinking a call to the ENT should probably be added to my ever-growing to-do list of medical professionals to call ...

Oh, and I've signed him up to be in another play this fall, so maybe the agent won't be far behind. :)