Sunday, September 27, 2009

Halloween Deja-Vu (or, Return of the Corn on the Cob Costume Snatcher)

When it comes to my son and Halloween, I swear the kid just loves to torture me.

My longtime readers may recall last Halloween, when Boo proudly announced that he wanted to be a corn on the cob.

Right. No superheroes or monsters or the like for him.

A freakin' corn on the cob. Like you can find them in abundance at Target.

You can read my previous posts on the matter to find out how it all resolved itself. Meanwhile, it's the most wonderful time of year once again in The Betty and Boo Household.

"I want to be a bowling pin for Halloween," Boo announced.

A bowling pin. Something tells me that I'll be getting a strike when it comes to my creative efforts for this one, and not a strike in a good way.

Meanwhile, I am drawing some comfort in that I might not be the only person who is similarly befuddled by a child's Halloween desires.

Tonight, one of the search terms that brought someone here to The Betty and Boo Chronicles was - you guessed it - "corn on the cob costume child."

Oh, you blog searcher, I think you may be my new BFF. You must come over sometime. I'll make coffee. Methinks we might have much to talk about.

6 comments:

imbookingit said...

No, you aren't alone. My daughter has been

rock crystal candy
a can of peaches
a water bottle
a bolt of fabric
a rainbow
a mosaic

All since entering elementary school.

I love her creativity...

Infant Bibliophile said...

This post cracked me up. My son isn't even two yet, but he is certain he wants to be a yellow cat ("yaya meow meow"), that I should be either a black cat or a "hon-eeeeee-bee" (depending on his mood), and that Dad will be a lion (a "roooooooar"). I am trying to sway him to black cat, but he's resolute on the yellow thing. I thought I had it tough.

Infant Bibliophile said...

By the way, did you get any photos of the corn costume?!

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

imbookingit - Those are great ... you're right, you gotta love that creativity!

Infant Bib - would you be able to get away with a tiger type of costume for the yellow cat? And I think I might have some photos ... will have to look.

Lisa said...

Suddenly I'm happy that my kid wants to be a common superhero.

kristenspina said...

Last year's stories are priceless! I think we've got it pretty easy over here. He wants to be Woodstock (the concert, not the bird). We've already scored on a tie-dye shirt and peace sign necklace. A wig, a pair of torn jeans, and I'm pretty sure we're good to go!!