Monday, September 14, 2009

Welcome, BBAW Friends!

Happy Book Blogger Appreciation Week, everyone! If you're visiting The Betty and Boo Chronicles for the first time this week, welcome! Thanks so much for stopping by!

For new readers, here's a bit of background on The Betty and Boo Chronicles, which was started in August 2008 to keep in-laws and friends updated on the goings on of our family. (Hence, the title, which reflects the nicknames of my almost 8-year old twins.) I quickly discovered the world of book blogging and fell in love with the idea of a community where I could talk books with others.

And then the presidential election happened and I found myself writing about politics and current events, and then the trials and triumphs of raising a child on the autism spectrum, and then I started posting some recipes and photos. I like mixing up the book stuff with the personal, the parenting, the politics, and the occasional Philly pretzel twist on things. Writing has been a passion since I was 6, and I love having this outlet to share a microcosm of my life. (Feel free to check out the labels on my sidebar "What I Tend to Write About" ... and of course, let me know what you think, even on the older posts. I try to reply to comments as much as I can.

Oh, and the photo? It was taken by me this summer as The Dean (my husband) and I walked along the back bay of the shore town where my family has a house. To me, it speaks volumes ... and sums up so nicely what I try to do here at The Betty and Boo Chronicles.

So, thank you so much for visiting, and I hope you'll come by again soon. Have a great Book Blogger Appreciation Week, everyone!

~ Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy)

3 comments:

Infant Bibliophile said...

Hi - so glad to have discovered your blog through BBAW. I just subscribed, and will look forward to reading more.

Dawn @ sheIsTooFondOfBooks said...

I thought for sure your header photo was photo-shopped! I like it even more, now that I know it was a found landscape.

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

Infant Bibliophile - welcome, and thanks so much! I'm honored to have you among my subscribers.

Dawn - LOL! That's so funny that you thought it was Photoshopped! Quite the compliment, I might add, because I don't always fancy myself the best photographer. But believe me, I was thrilled that I had my camera along with me that evening. I just love that picture.