Thursday, September 10, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash - Sept. 10

Yikes. With this being a short week (thank you, Labor Day) and Boo losing his first tooth (finally!) this evening, I nearly forgot that it was Thursday.

And if it is Thursday, it's time for Word Verification Balderdash. This fun meme is hosted by Bookjourney over at One Persons Journey Through Books. (Stop over there if you'd like to play along.) Basically, the idea is to take all those words we all get in Word Verification while commenting on blogs, and come up with definitions for them.

I had weird words this week. By weird, I mean words that are so close to actual words that it was hard for me to come up with definitions. Troutl, pursl, masqu, pricsr ... it's like the Word Verification genie is getting a tad lazy.

Then again, you might say the same about me after reading these offerings for this week:

tumbring - 1) the type of gymnastics activity performed by toddlers who haven't quite mastered the art of the forward roll, etc.

"It's so cute watching the 3 year olds in Betty's gymnastics class do their tumbring exercises."

2) an unappetizing culinary dish brought to a potluck, work get-together, etc. that you are obligated to eat (because otherwise, the cook will be pissed at you) but that will make you reach for the Tums later.

sants - the name for an email that you were supposed to send someone, but didn't, but claim is "lost in cyberspace" when the intended recipient asks you about it.

"Really, you didn't get my email about having your darling Demon Child come over for a playdate? I know I sant it. Must be stuck in my sants folder or somewhere in cyberspace."

inial - parental scrawl (such as, in a child's school assignment book or homework folder) that is supposted to be an initial, but resembles a scribbled line or two.

panglo - the feeling one has after getting a great haircut or makeover, while knowing that you'll never be able to duplicate the same look each morning.

What words did you get to verify this week?

2 comments:

Jackie said...

Very cute!

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

I think this weeks verifications snuck up on everyone! I really like tumbring definition #2. I have seen that dish... I have eaten from it for fear of wrath from the cook. :)

LOVED sants! Oh yes, the sants folder where all correspondence replies to people who you barely know invite you to their husbands surprise 30th birthday party or a long time ago scary co worker connects with you to see if you want to do lunch and catch up. Both... true stories. :)