Thursday, September 3, 2009

Word Verification Balderdash

Time for another fun week of Word Verification Balderdash! This fun meme is hosted by Bookjourney over at One Persons Journey Through Books. (Stop over there if you'd like to play along. It's easy, creative, and so much fun.) Basically, the idea is to take all those words we all get in Word Verification while commenting on blogs, and come up with definitions for them.

Let's get to it, shall we?

ousic - (pronounced "ooo-sick") - a song that you once loved, but which, as a parent, you can't listen to in the car with your young child/ren present because of potentially needing to explain some questionable lyrics.

"Ooooo, better turn the ousic off because they say a bad word."

Some real life examples of ousic that I've quickly turned off in the car include "Centerfold" by The J. Geils Band; "All I Wanna Do Is Make Love To You" by Heart; and "Money for Nothin'" by Dire Straits. (Actually, I hate that song and don't listen to that to begin with.) As you can tell, my satellite radio is often tuned to 80s on 8.

triests - 1) priests who had once considered a career in horticulture.
2) a series of trysts that take place under a tree

ciallk - (pronounced "see-AWK") - the name for that horrendous sound of anything but chalk scratching a chalkboard.

pareenas - articles of identical clothing that come in one size for the mom and another for the daughter. Also, the act of wearing such attire.

lersh - the drunken pronounciation of "lush."
"Just because I had six sangrias in two hours does not make me a lersh."

stabarat - OK, the obvious definition would be "the homicidal feeling one gets upon seeing a rat." But I'd rather spare the rat and consider this word as "stab-ah-RAY," as in rhymes with "cabaret." A stabarat would be a really bad rendition of a cabaret song, or someone who botches the singing of a cabaret song.

Like, perhaps when one is a lersh.

3 comments:

Sheila (bookjourney) said...

I so look forward to word balderdash because I just laugh and laugh! These are great... I too am an 80's chick so know the songs in which you refer...

lersh is great!

Thanks as always for playing!!!

Alexia561 said...

Think a saw a pareenas window display at the mall last week!

Loved the definitions you came up with this week!

Julie J. said...

I totally feel ya on the ousic!!! It's my husband on that one and not the kids though...

As a teacher, I'm so thankful for whiteboards so that we don't have to hear the ciallk. It's such a distress signal!

My fav of the week is stabarat!! I love both definitions!!