Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Moi? Over the Top? Merci, Ali!

Well, dah-lings, just take a gander at this ... my mah-vah-lous friend Alipet from over at That's a Novel Idea thinks yours truly - yes, moi! - is over the top.

You don't say!

More precisely, it is my humble little blog (oh, this old thing?) that she thinks is Over the Top! and has even bestowed an award on such. Ali says about my blog and my writing: "I absolutely love to read every single things she writes and she is not afraid to let her opinion be known even if you might not like it -I LOVE THAT."

I jest somewhat dramatically and exaggeratedly in this intro (if you couldn't tell), but really, I am very honored and flattered. Deep down I am smiling and saying, "Aw, gee ... me?"

With every award comes an acceptance speech (and a cute button, and isn't that one darling? I love the apron with the come-hither expectant kiss ,.. or, more apropos in my case, drop-dead utter exhaustion while channeling some chef to instantly materialize and cook dinner.)

Onto the formalities, and the envelope please:

Here are the rules for the Over The Top Award: USE ONLY ONE WORD! It’s not as easy as you might think. Copy and change the answers to suit yourself and pass it on. It’s really hard to use only one-word answers so try your best.

(Gosh, no pressure here, since the award was given because Ali loves everything I write. I'm borrowing a few of her answers. :)

1. Where is your cell phone? charging
2.Your hair? blah
3. Your mother? loved
4. Your father? remembered
5. Your favorite food? take-out
6. Your dream last night? forgotten
7. Your favorite drink? coffee
8. Your dream/goal? novel
9. What room are you in? family
10. Your hobby? blogging
11. Your fear? several
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Earth
13. Where were you last night? here
14. Something that you aren’t? neat
15. Muffins? OK!
16. Wish list item? lottery
17. Where did you grow up? Philadelphia
18. Last thing you did? blinked
19. What are you wearing? clothes
20. Your TV? off
21. Your pets? Douglas
22. Friends? loved
23. Your life? surprising
24. Your mood? migraine-induced
25. Missing someone? always
26. Vehicle? new
27. Something you’re not wearing? shoes
28. Your favorite store? bookstore
29. Your favorite color? black
30. When was the last time you laughed? tonight
31. Last time you cried? tonight
32. Your best friend? husband
33. One place that I go to over and over? sofa
34. One person who emails me regularly? Facebook
35. Favorite place to eat? out

Thanks so much, Ali! I think you're Over the Top too!

I want to pass this along to all those who have left a comment here recently, because if you leave a comment, you are definitely Over the Top! in my book. (Or blog. See, this is why I have to take the easy way out tonight and not list individual people/blogs because I am getting a bit punchy. I'll blame the large piece of blackberry pie I just ate.)

4 comments:

rhapsodyinbooks said...

I agree with the award bestower!

And I love your one word answers! I can see that would be really hard!

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, this is an absolutely adorable award!

Love the answers!

As I scrolled down, I was thinking of what I would say...it's not so easy!

Abigail said...

Yay! Congrats on your over-the-topness! You have a great blog, you deserve it!

Missy said...

What a cute award! Congrats on receiving it! :)