Tuesday, October 27, 2009

A New Beth Kephart Fan In the Making

Conversation at dinner tonight. Absolute true story.

Betty (almost 8), out of the blue: "Mommy, did you finish all the books we gave you for Christmas last year?"

Me: "Um ... I read some of them."

Betty: "Did you read Undercover yet?"

Me, stunned that Betty would remember - nearly a year later - that she bought me Beth Kephart's Undercover last Christmas. (With The Dean's help, of course.)

Me: "How did you remember that?"

Betty: "I remember the cover. It was my favorite book that I bought you."

5 comments:

Beth Kephart said...

Oh, LORD!

I love them both!!!!!!!!!

Vivian said...

Oh my goodness. Go and read the book. It is poetry.

Julie P. said...

Your daughter has excellent taste! I loved that book!

Trisha said...

That is just too sweet!

JoAnn said...

Better get reading - it's almost time for another round of Christmas presents!