Sunday, October 25, 2009

Read-a-Thon: Hour 22 (and I'm back ...)


I'm baaaaaaaccccckkkkkk!

Not necessarily by choice, I admit. Boo woke me up at 3 a.m. "I think I'm just going to read quietly until 8:00," he announced.

At 3 a.m.

"Sounds good, honey," I mumbled. "The Read-a-Thon is still going on." And I fell back to sleep.

But now it is 5:30 a.m., I've read a couple more pages in Parallel Play (a wonderful memoir, by the way) and I am stunned to see that some folks are still going strong.

I'm off to Cheerlead for these final hours, as much as I can between eating breakfast, getting myself and kids ready to be out of the house by 8:30 a.m., and the normal chaos that morning creates 'round here.

Big congrats to all who are still reading, to all who read any amount of pages/books, and all those cheering us readers on! You all rock!

9 comments:

katrina said...

Glad you've come back for the cheerleading. Great blog name, I'll be back later to have a nose at your older posts

Beth Kephart said...

I love that kid of yours...

Melissa (Betty and Boo's Mommy) said...

Ditto, Beth. :)

Book Dragon said...

that was so cute! well, at least from our point of view.

Creations by Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Sounds like you've made a lot of progress!

Jodie said...

Congrats on getting back up! I think that's the most important thing, that people hang out at the end and cheer those who've made it through the night.

Trisha said...

I love it that Boo woke you up to let you know he was going to read. That is too cool!

Anna said...

Hope you had a wonderful time!

I saw your comment on my blog, and it would be fine with me if you borrowed some of the wording in my review policy. I really appreciate that you asked! :)

--Anna
Diary of an Eccentric

stacybuckeye said...

Thanks so much for taking the time to cheer me on during the read-a-thon. It was greatly appreciated by this first-timer.